Location: Schaumburg, IL
Position Description: ISCO is a wireless systems solutions company and manufacturer providing solutions and subsystems to wireless service providers such as AT&T and Verizon for over 20 years. Reporting to the Director of Sales Engineering, this individual will be a key contributor to the success and growth of ISCO. The ISCO sales process employs a consultative approach bringing together an understanding of customer challenges with network information, analysis and ISCO’s RF spectrum conditioning products. This individual is expected to be able to assess complex wireless network RF performance issues, create and prove out a solution, and then professionally present the winning solution to ISCO customers. This person will engage in the pre- and post-sale activities as required.
This position is for someone who is looking to utilize a unique blend of highly technical and business development skills in a “startup size” company environment. The position also requires mostly domestic travel up to 30%.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the wireless telecommunications industry with emphasis on Radio Access in LTE, CPRI, 5G technologies.
- At least 3 years working experience with LTE in the areas of RF performance, RF performance testing and analysis. Knowledge of VoLTE is a definite plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in the wireless industry with wireless operators or equipment manufacturers in a customer-facing position is a definite plus.
- Experience in architecture and working knowledge of RAN fronthaul (CPRI/Fiber) related products.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customer's met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Firm grasp of Network Topology and Performance KPI Metrics.
- Working knowledge of base station equipment, RF test equipment.
- Good understanding of U.S. domestic wireless competitive landscape.
- Solid understanding of basic RF concepts such as filter, link budgets, receiver sensitivity, etc.
- Hands on experience with basic RF measurements such as noise figure and spectral measurements.
- Fluency with Tableau/Data Analytics, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
Other Essential Abilities, Skills and Requirements:
- Experience assessing technical business requirements and making recommendations based on the assessment.
- Certification in Data analytics preferred.
- Experience with optical networking and basic networking knowledge.
- Contribute with continuous improvements of products, processes, and documentation.
- Deliver complex network designs and solutions based on established processes and procedures and products. Advanced working knowledge of Visio and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel on short notice up to 20% - 30% of the time. Customer Covid protocols followed.
- Ability to personally conduct consultative customer engagements as the lead engineer.
- Interface with internal Product and Engineering teams to achieve continuous improvement of product documentation based on customer feedback.
- Good people handling skills and outgoing personality.
- Exceptional work ethic and character.
- Team oriented with good negotiation and argumentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communicator, with a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Resiliency, high energy and ability to function exceptionally well in a start-up environment.
- Proven self-starter, with the demonstrated ability to work with little direction and oversight.
- Strong technical, problem solving and analytical abilities.